At HFAC we advocate for accessible, affordable and available quality health care for all people in Sierra Leone.
We seek to give a voice to the people of Sierra Leone and to work with our partners to hold those charged with delivering health care to account.
We will use our monitoring activities to inform our advocacy stance.
It is our hope that through our work we can empower communities with the knowledge and strength they will need to speek for themselves.
The focus for our advocacy work is on:
The Free Heath Care Initiative
• Referral system – ambulances, TBAs, communications, road networks
• Inclusion of FBOs in the FHCI
• Timely and adequate supply of drugs
• Blood donations and blood banks
• Expanding the Free Health Care Initiative to all
• Quality of care – staffing and HR issues
Community engagement in health care delivery
• Demand for rights and entitlement
• Quality of service
• Sensitisation of communities on their rights and obligations.
• Includes issues around monitoring and planning
To find out more about our previous advocacy projects, download the reports from our publications page.